What’s a school project without a textbook? I just finished the book “Interactive Design” by Andy Pratt and Jason Nunes, and here’s what I thought of it! You can get it on Amazon here.
Also, I decided my video blog needed a musical intro, so the violin got pulled out today… 🙂
Here’s a list of questions you can take to a first meeting with a new client before starting an interactive design project:
- Who are you? If you had to introduce yourself to someone who’s never heard of you, what would you say?
- If your brand was a person, what kind of personality would it have?
- What do you do?
- Why do you have a website?
- What goals are you trying to reach?
- How would you prioritize your goals? (top 20%, middle 30%, bottom 50%)
- Who are your users? What traits characterize them?
- How would you prioritize your users?
- How do you measure success?
- What functionality and features do you want?
- Who are your competitors?
- What do your competitors do and how?
- What don’t your competitors do?
- What content is available? What is the type/format/size?
- What content needs to be created?
- Who will create/moderate content? How often?
- What devices do your users use?